Sunday, October 26, 2008

mosquitos make scones

when i woke up today i was so mad.. i couldnt sleep last night because of some mosquitos in my room (and for some other reason i dont really know) weather got a little chillier and there they are, trying to survive enjoying my heating and sucking my blood!
well when i got up, my left arm was covered with bites.. i'm quite sensitive (i dont say allergic but who the hell knows) to insect bites so you can imagine its conditions. i rubbed some tons cortisone lotion and decided to make the brunch of a queen, just to cheer myself up.

well it worked :D
i made some quick scones.. whatever scone you make, they always turn out awesome. i chose to give them the perfume of cardamom, i met this spice in finland for the first time and loved it.
blueberry jam and white fresh cheese on warm scones.. how can one stay upset after that?
sipping my caffelatte, reading mail and news with a sort of pleasant snobbish aloofness.. it's nice sometimes not to care of the outer world at all.
the man just sent me a sort of good morning email.. together with a good breakfast, small things that make my day :)


cardamom scones
(makes about 8)
250g plain flour
180ml milk
50g butter, softened
1tbsp sugar
1tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 pinch of cardamom
1tsp olive oil

rub flour, salt, baking powder, cardamom, sugar and butter with fingertips to make fine crumbs. stir in the milk and knead lightly till the mixture is smooth.
flatten the dough to 2,5 cm in thickness and cut rounds in it. place on a baking tray and brush the top of the scones with a little olive oil.
bake for about 10min in preheated oven at 220°C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm allergic to insect bites too :-( Mosquitoes to me are like garlic to Vampire! I tried everything from Vitamin Bs to anti-mosquito creams,etc. Still the suckers managed to find me. Well, I found only 1 anti-mosquitoes cream and 1 type beeper that really works - Jaico Mosquito Milk/Cream (white colored solution) that reduced swollen of after bites with 12 hrs protection for each applications and Toy 'R' Us anti-mosquito beeper. :-D

BTW, I love scones too and Cardamom scones is very new to me even though I have access to Green and Black Cardamoms easily. Thank you for sharing!